There are different types of grinders used for the preparation of the welding work. Though angle grinder is one of the commonly used tools, there are some chances of trouble during usage.
The welder must follow the safety precautions regularly while using the grinder. It is necessary to learn the usage of grinders and reduce the danger accompanying them.
Preventive measures for using grinders:
1. The grinder should have lightweight and movable hands.
2. The guards should stay between the disc and operator.
3. The disc should be of the correct type to avoid shattering or kickback.
4. To use a grinder fitted with a cutting disc, the required depth is less than double the disc thickness to avoid plunging off the disc.
5. Welding screens is important to avoid the danger caused due to flying particles and sparks.
6. Maintain a safe distance from the person performing the grinding process.
7. Check regularly for defects and electrical safety of the grinder safety.
8. The material and RPM of the wheel should be checked.
9. Use the correct technique and pressure for the grinding process depending on the wheel.
It is also essential that the welder uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kit for safety purposes.
We, at KP Fabrication, follow the safety guidelines for the grinder and the welder. We ensure that the wheel’s material is in accordance with the grinder’s RPM and grinding material.
If you have any welding needs, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 08 9271 3433.